So I’m not supposed to tell you all that we’re starting potty training tomorrow. Okay you all probably don’t count as people I’m not supposed to tell. But supposedly, you tell people, and then they give you all their opinions and then when you’re in the midst of Hell you wonder why you made the choice you made =P But that doesn’t happen here.
I am going to be following the book “Oh Crap! Potty Training.” It’s hilarious. It’s wonderful. It’s informative. It’s a brave new world.
- Lamb is 26 months old
- At school, Lamb has told the teachers before that she needed to go peepee and poo and they walked her to the potty and she actually went
- At home recently, when she’s walked around without a diaper, she had 2 partial accidents (I say partial because she started to go peepee, stopped herself, ran to the potty, and finished there).
- On a couple of occasions at home without a diaper (after bath) she has said she needed to go potty and ran to the potty without an accident
- This morning she did NOT want to put on a diaper before school. Finally when getting her dressed, I put a pull-up on her. A few minutes later she told me “Mommy I go pee pee” and ran to the potty, sat on the potty, and went. Her pull-up was dry so she had no accident.
So I know that she is capable and all we have to do is just take the leap of faith. I will still be putting diapers/pull-ups on her for nap and night time until we can work that out. I am sooooooooooooo not looking forward to having to monitor her fluids all the time, ask her to go pee, needing to pee in the car, and not being able to be leisurely at stores. I’ve been researching travel potty’s until my eyes have gone red. There are pros/cons to all and I just don’t know what my daughter will like. As of now, she’s terrified of any big toilet. I don’t think public restrooms are going to work out for a few more months. I will keep a potty in the car. Might even just get a normal kid potty for the car rather than the travel potty (I would just put a liner in the bowl or something).
I really just don’t know what to get! If you have any recommendations, I’d love to hear them. I have the toilet seat inserts, but as of now she’s still scared of the big potty so she’s not sitting on those.
- Day 1, I am taking off Friday from work. She will go completely pant-less (naked below the waist). I will give her lots of fluids and watch her like a hawk all day and just keep reinforcing that potty.
- Day 2, depending on the success of day 1, we may try shorts on her (without underwear) or she may remain pant-less. If she’s doing well, we’ll take short trips in the back area outside to play and see how we do.
- Day 3, continue on with the progress, including very short car trips
- Day 4, which is Monday, she will go to her grandma’s house and continue with everything
- Day 5, Tuesday, she will go to her other grandma’s house and perhaps try underwear for the first time and see if that works out ok or if it hinders her progress. If it hinders her progress, she’ll go commando for awhile longer.
- Day 6, Wednesday: she will return to daycare and only wear pull-ups at nap time.
WE CAN DO THIS!